Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Where I Learned

Click pic to make it big.


For the final project of my Foundations of Digital Images course, we were asked to create a series of nine images which examine space and the way we see it. The aim is to present a new or unusual perspective; an idea which stems from the Situationists, who we've been studying this term. I'll write more on them later, because they are fascinating. We were allowed to use found imagery; the focus was on concept, but I'll take any opportunity to do a photography project. I decided to do something with the palace, and spaces within it which have a unique meaning for me. The goal was to make that meaning more apparent, and maybe remind the viewer of the weight of experience and how it shapes what we see. Anyways it's a little campy maybe but I'm proud of it, which is a new thing, for me, so here you go, blog, enjoy.

2 comments: