Monday, July 5, 2010

Cab Driver

I was talking to a cab driver to pass the awkward silence between Quebecois radio commercials. He spoke with an almost unintelligible accent so we started veering towards a Jacob Two-Two style dialog. When I asked him whether he had lived in the Saguenay all of his life, he thought that I asked him whether he had ever drove his clients outside of the region. He then explained a long-winded story about how an elderly couple, this one time, took a 2-hour cab ride to Quebec City. He kept glancing over, nodding and muttering "c'est vrai, c'est vrai" like I didn't believe a word he was saying. After I realized that he was answering a totally different question, to avoid embarrassment for the both of us, I asked him how many bags they brought with them.

2 comments:

  1. So... how many bags did they bring with them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two. although now that I think of it, this story sounds suspiciously similar to your army cab driver one.

    ReplyDelete