Thursday, October 15, 2009

Brother

Wearing a tuque in his kitchen, looking at me blankly and expectantly:
How do you cook a salmon?

In the solarium at 11:22 pm with his new art supplies:
Can I paint a mustache, beard, and uni-brow on your face and take pictures of you?

In the Daytona at 1:56 am on the way to Denny's, while gripping the wheel with outstretched arms and accelerating:
TURBO, ENGAAAAAAAGE!

Walking along railroad tracks to an abandoned town:
What would you do if the crows were squawking: "Danger!" "Beware!" "Death Awaits All Those Who Enter Here!"? What if we see a man in the distance wearing a bloody apron and carrying an axe?

On the phone at 2:48 am:
Wanna go to Walmart? I need a shower curtain.

In a motel room in Summerland, after foiling an internet scam artist:
Let's drink all this complimentary coffee and stay up all night!

On the road to Kelowna, after careful consideration of his words:
Okay. Let's talk about what you want to see from the next generation of iPod. What features are you unhappy with, and what improvements do you think should be made?

Chatting on the computer, when I ask him what he wants for his birthday:
I want you to continue being happy in Vancoucher.

In his basement while playing his guitar at 12:37 am:
Let's write a song.

In a field somewhere outside Drumheller in the summer, and we have 5 cameras between the two of us:
Go climb up the wall of that barn... Climb more interestingly. I want this to tell a story.

90 km outside Calgary, in the Passat at 1:00 am, broken down on the side of the road on the way to Washington to see Kings of Leon play Sasquatch Fest, and it's freezing cold, while fighting back tears:
That's our trip. I'm so sorry. That's our trip.

Camping in Kananaskis after graduation:
I dare you to eat this giant winged ant. I will fire roast it for you. Wait, let me get my camera.

2 comments: