Friday, October 9, 2009

Choice quotes from...

. . . my favourite radio show. Mind, a mere three episodes' worth. Each week is filled with quotable nuggets, so this is probably only part one of a series devoted to the wonder of Jonathan Goldstein & Friends:

"I watered your plants, though I can't imagine why you found it necessary, as one of them appears to be many years dead and the other made of tinsel."

"I'm too busy surviving to take serious your jabs."

"While you're in Montreal enjoying my sweet stick meats, something awful has happened."

"I gave it a nickname: Ragin' Rasputin."

"I've been sitting on the same tree stump for three hours trying to look like I'm in a state of cat-like readiness."

"I may have given myself tetanus stepping on a rusty sardine can in your bathroom."

"Perhaps if I go into Rage of God mode I'd have more success: I could use your advice here, pal o'mine."

"What are you, so jaded you don't think blowing up the moon's going to get people's attention?"

"There is a kind of hopefulness when you jump into a dumpster."

"Wait, you know someone named MacGuffin?"

"Peace is what, chirping birds and some crickets and some butterflies? I mean get outta here, who's even going to notice?"

"Just picture this, picture a stage with Julius Caesar and Socrates and Abe Lincoln and... Dwight Eisenhower, all of them on stage with U2 singing, y'know, We Shall Overcome."

"I was actually putting on skis in a ski lodge. I look over at this guy wearing a white flowing robe and long angelic hair... I just remember distinctly thinking at the time, after I left and I was out doing my business, I thought to myself "Ah, that guy was kinda like the Messiah". With the right brand rollout I think we could've reached a multi-national audience and he could've delivered the message."

No comments:

Post a Comment